Family Crisis Stabilization
Palmetto Summerville has developed the Family Crisis Stabilization Program in an effort to assist the family of a child or adolescent in crisis, who is age 7 to 18. This program is designed to both identify hurdles the individual and family may be facing and strengthen the family unit by establishing a care plan that is manageable for all parties. This program is geared towards all types of families needing help, including:
- Adoptive families
- Relative placements
- Biological families
Services are provided with the goal of helping both the family and child identify the support and resources needed to rebuild their family unit. Within this model, licensed staff will evaluate and assess the patient and conduct a thorough medication assessment and stabilization of medications in a controlled, supportive environment.
- Clinical interviews: These structured interviews are used to evaluate the client’s history, strengths and presenting problems.
- Psychological evaluation completed by a licensed psychologist.
- Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI) and The Trauma Symptom Checklist for Children (TSCC) completed.
- Intensive Group and Family Therapy sessions to address grief/loss issues, abandonment, attachment issues and address family issues to reunify family and preserve the family environment.
- Each youth will also receive standard admission assessments, such as History and Physical, Psychiatric Assessment and Medication Management, Nursing Assessment, Restorative Independent Living Skills Assessment, Spiritual Assessment, Elopement, and Suicide Assessment, Psycho-Social Assessment, and Recreation Assessment.
- Secondary substance abuse treatment.