- Hygiene Products such body wash, shampoo, and deodorant.
- Clothing, underclothes, and socks
- A pair of tennis shoes and house shoes/slippers.
- Personal funds for outings, snacks, clothes, etc. (All patients will have a personal account monitored by our bookkeeper and their therapists)
- Puzzles, books, cards, coloring books, etc.
- Copy of Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, Insurance Card and Immunization Records
Palmetto Summerville Behavioral Health’s primary goal is the safety of our patients, staff and visitors. The restrictions below are not designed to be punitive in nature but strictly as a safety precaution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Because some items have the potential to harm patients, staff, or visitors or disrupt healthcare operations, we restrict the following items:
- All medications (prescription, herbals, over-the-counter)
- Spray cans (aerosol)
- Glass containers including those used to store make-up
- Razors, including electric
- Mirrors or mirrored objects, including compacts or purses with mirrors
- Sharp objects including scissors, knives, nail files, and other manicure equipment
- Coat hangers (wooden, wire or plastic)
- Underwire in bras (remove underwire or consider entire bra contraband)
- Metal hair combs, hair picks or metal hair brushes
- Liquids or products containing alcohol(ex. rubbing alcohol, mouthwash)
- Electrical devices such as tape recorders, radios, TV, Game Boys, cell phones, computers, Palm Pilots, pagers, clocks, CD players, compact discs
- Weapons (guns, knives, homemade shanks, sharp objects)
- Food or beverage, including candy and gum, plastic utensils
- Magazines and binders (no spiral or metal pieces)
- Cosmetics, makeup, Q-tips, dental floss, hair dryers and curling items
- Belts, ties, shoestrings, drawstrings and cords of any type
- Staples, pens, pencils with erasers or paper clips
- Fingernail polish or fingernail polish remover
- Valuables, such as jewelry and cell phones
- Any items pertaining gang slogans
- Inappropriate posters or pictures
* Any other items that may be questionable will be secured until the appointed therapist or administrator are able to examine the item and approved its use by the patient.